Our OriginOur belief
The Kahala logo conveys the spirit of hospitality and the spirit of ‘Ohana'.
The central circle symbolizes the Spirit of KAHALA, which is the underlying philosophy, and the five petals surrounding it symbolizes ‘Our Promise’, which is the underlining attitude of The Kahala.
Furthermore, the five petals on the outside represent Core Values, along with the image of having customers spend an irreplaceable time (Timeless Luxury). The blue color of the logo is known as the “Kahala Blue”
Spirit of The KAHALA underlying thought that leads to everything
The foundational philosophy
We honor these Hawaiian values that
are at the heart of the Spirit of KAHALA.
Live in the present moment and experience calm.
Immerse yourself in the tranquility inside our doors.
- Timeless hospitality -
I came here for the first time, but I miss it already
It's been a long time, but I feel like I’m home again There is a renewing joy every time I visit
-Happiness beyond time -
This will be the moment of your life time
A place where blissful memory begins
Timeless Luxury lives on at THE KAHALA.
Based on the philosophy, “Hotels should not just simply exist on wherever land it is built on, but should co-prosper with the land with a spirit of respect for the lifestyles, cultures and customs of the local people”. We would like to convey the "Spirit of Kahala", and the spirit of hospitality.
full of privacy
a special place
Based on the architectural concept of "Migiwa", which means the edge of the waves that come and go, we have refined the design by emphasizing on the group structure woven by the continuity of the area.
The sea-side elevation with bold curves creates a spectacular and impressive form even when looking up from the ground.
return to your authentic self
The relationship between Hawaii and Yokohama began in the first year of the Meiji era when the first immigrants “Gannenmono" visited Hawaii. Yokohama was the first port they set sail for Hawaii.
Based on the Aloha spirit, which can be said to be an asset nurtured in Hawaii, this urban luxury hotel has been re-dyed in the colors of Yokohama.
LONGING TO RETURN
"The Kahala Hotel & Resort Yokohama" was born in the "Minatomirai" area of Yokohama.
The roots are "The Kahala Hotel & Resort" in Honolulu, Hawaii. The essence of Hawaiian hospitality with a history of half a century. It has been loved by many famous celebrities around the world.
THE PROMISE CONTINUES
- The first birth, "The Kahala Hotel & Resort Yokohama". Visiting the origin in Hawaii (Yumi Yamaguchi, non-fiction writer)
- The 2nd Hawaiian dust and luxurious history of "The Kahala", the story of birth (Yumi Yamaguchi, non-fiction writer)
- 3rd Inheriting Hawaii to a higher level. What is the new soul of "The Kahala" that sprout in Japan (Mayuko Yamaguchi, Content Director)
- The 4th Service through human hands leads to a stay that creates true joy (Kyoko Sekine, Hotel Journalist)
- The 5th "The Kahala Hotel & Resort Yokohama", deep thoughts for the future considered from its design (Akiyoshi Miyazaki, architect / first-class architect)
- The best of "The Kahala Hotel & Resort Yokohama" to taste at the 6th 3 restaurants (Mayuko Yamaguchi, Content Director)
Reservation / Inquiry
- Resort Amenities & Information -
- Guest room
- Italian OZIO
- Japanese restaurant
- THE KAHALA LOUNGE
- Treatment salon
- swimming pool
- Training Gym